- School Profile
- Learning & Teaching
- School Life
- Students' Work
- Photo Albums
|i. Academic results, rank order provided by EDB||65%|
|ii. Extra-curricular activities / awards / prizes / outstanding achievements||15%|
|ii. Academic result and rank order (provided by the EDB)||65%|
|iii. Conduct# / extra-curricular activities / awards / prizes / outstanding achievements||15%|
Application for Secondary One Discretionary Places (2020-21 Academic Year)
Updated on 3rd March 2020
In view of an increase in the number of confirmed and suspected Novel Coronavirus infection cases, the school has made the following adjustment to the arrangement of Secondary One Discretionary Place interview.
1. Cancellation of the First Interview
To safeguard the health of students and teachers, and to avoid gathering of crowd and prevent transmission of the virus, the first interview which was originally scheduled on 7th March 2020 will be cancelled.
2. Revised Selection Criteria and Weightings
Due to cancellation of the first interview, admission criteria and weightings have been revised as below. The school will assess students’ academic results, rank order provided by EDB and extra-curricular activities / awards / prizes / outstanding achievements. Not less than 100 short-listed applicants will be invited to attend an interview scheduled within the period 23rd – 27th March 2020.
Criteria for Shortlisting Candidates
An invitation letter of the interview, including the detailed arrangements, will be sent out on 16th March 2020. Students' abilities, such as their command in Chinese and English, communication skills, presentation skills, organization skills, analytical skills, as well as social awareness will be assessed. Please refer to the invitation letter for details of the second interview.
# The conduct grade must be B or above.
3. Release of Results
The school will notify parents of successful applicants of their children’s inclusion in the Successful Lists for Discretionary Places by letter and phone on 7 April 2020 (Tuesday).
Note: The information collected will be used for the purpose of processing S1 Discretionary Places applications only
Secondary 2 to Secondary 3 Admission (2020-21 Academic Year)
Normally, the school does not admit new students from Secondary 2 to Secondary 3. However, vacancies may occur occasionally when some of our current students have dropped out of the school or have pursued studies in overseas countries.
F2-F3 Admission Criteria:
1. Applicants must possess a strong foundation in English.
2. Applicants need to be able to study in an English medium school.
3. Applicants must have attained at least a grade B average in his/her conduct mark as shown on the most updated official school report card.
4. Applicants need to be good at academic studies as shown by his/her latest school report card.
1. Please mail the completed application form together with relevant supporting documents to the Vice Principal in charge of Academic Studies. Examples of relevant supporting documents are the photocopies of the following documents: school report cards of the past 3 years, student’s school identity card, student ID card, reference letters (if any), etc.
2. The application period is 1st June – 15th June 2020.
3. If there are any vacancies, suitable applicants will be contacted regarding the arrangement of an admission test.
4. The admission test will take place some time in July 2020 and successful applicants will be informed of the results before the end of this academic year.
For further enquiries, please contact the School Office at 2336 3034 during office hours (8:00am – 4:00pm).