Aims & Objectives
To enable students to
- develop an interest in exploring human behaviour and social issues through an economic perspective;
- understand the world in which they live through mastery of basic economic knowledge;
- enhance their general intellectual capacity for life-long learning, through developing their capacities in economic analysis, so that they possess the skills necessary for reasoning about issues and making rational choices; and
- participate as informed and responsible citizens in the decision-making processes of a modern democratic society.
Curriculum (Senior Form)
A Basic Economic Concepts
B Firms and Production
C Market and Price
D Competition and Market Structure
E Efficiency, Equity and the Role of Government
F Measurement of Economic Performance
G National Income Determination and Price Level
H Money and Banking
I Macroeconomic Problems and Policies
J International Trade and Finance
Elective Part 2: Extension of Trade Theory, Economic Growth and Development.
- To cater for the needs of the students and to facilitate students' preparation for HKDSE, Part E of the Compulsory Part is taught after all other parts and Elective Part 2.
- To promote e-learning, online tasks are prepared on such e-learning platforms as Edmodo and Schoology.
- To arouse students' interests, school-based animation and video clips are uploaded to YouTube.
Lunar New Year Fair
School-based Animation and Video Clips on YouTube
Hong Kong Monetary Authority Educational Seminar
Our students attended a seminar organized by HKMA to learn more about the banking system of Hong Kong.
Harbour Grand Hotel Visit
Our students visited the Harbour Grand Hotel to learn more about the tertiary sector of Hong Kong's economy.