A. Application Procedure
Application forms are available from 11th July, 2022 to 26th July, 2022.
Application forms can be downloaded by clicking here starting from 11th July, 2022.
Please submit the application form to the school in person on 26th July, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (late applications will not be considered), together with the following documents:
- Original copy of the applicant’s identity document (e.g. birth certificate / identity card / passport) [for verification]
- Photocopies of S.1 Discretionary Places (DP) and Central Allocation Form (Priority will be given to those who can show that he/she has applied to our school earlier for discretionary places.)
- Photocopies of P4, P5 & P6 school reports
- Photocopies of certificates of activities, prizes and awards (originals are not necessary and will not be accepted.)
- A recent photo to be affixed to the “Application Registration Slip for S1 Places (2022-2023)”
Remarks: All photocopies should be A4 size. The documents submitted will not be returned. Applicants are not required to submit any recommendation letters. Please get back and retain the “Application Registration Slip for S1 Places (2022-2023)” after submission.
B. Application Fee
There is no application fee for this entrance examination.
C. Entrance Examination
All applicants are required to sit for an entrance examination. Arrangements for the examination are as follows:
Date:27th July, 2022 (Wednesday)
Time: 1:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (including reporting time, verification of identity of applicants, examination time & a break)
Waiting rooms: Hall and Room 101-104
Format: Written examinations
Subjects: English Language & Mathematics (both Chinese and English versions will be provided.)
Important points to note:
- Applicants are reminded to go to the designated waiting rooms at 1:45 p.m.
- Applicants must bring the “Application Registration Slip for S1 Places (2022-2023)” and their HK Identity Card for proof of identity.
- As written examinations will be conducted, applicants are reminded to bring pencils and an eraser for the examination.
- Parents / Guardians are NOT allowed to accompany students to the waiting rooms / examination rooms.
D. Arrangements in case of Suspension of School
In case the Education Bureau announces the closure of schools on Wednesday, 27th July, 2022, the entrance examination will be rescheduled for Thursday, 28th July, 2022. Details will be announced on the school website (www.bhjs.edu.hk).
E. Release of Results
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by phone from 28th July, 2022 (Thursday) to 29th July, 2022 (Friday) to attend an interview. Applicants may assume their applications are unsuccessful if they do not receive any phone calls from the school on the mentioned date. Applicants need not make enquiries to our school about their application status.