Aims & Objectives
- To familiarise students with the core Christian values and the way of Christian living
- To nurture a positive attitude in life.
- To evaluate pop cultures and secular social values.
Department Head: Lam Siu Mui
Teachers: Chan Yan Yan Katherine, Wu Oi Yan Shera
Curriculum (Junior Form)
- To get to know about biblical figures in the Old Testament.
- To apply Christian core values demonstrated by the biblical figures in life.
- Related core values: self-confidence and stepping out of one’s comfort zone
- To get to know about the life of Jesus and His teachings and to develop virtues and good values by following Jesus’ footsteps.
- Related core values: Humility and self-control
- To learn about the grace and power from Jesus’ crucifixion and to explore Jesus’ sacrificial love for mankind.
- Related core values: Love and forgiveness
Curriculum (Senior Form)
- To relate the knowledge gained from the studying of the Bible to everyday life.
- To nurture a heart for others and to practise positivity upon reflection and examination of biblical values.
- To explore issues related to love, sex and marriage from the perspective of the Christian faith so as to guide students to develop positive beliefs about love, sex and marriage.
- Related core values: Holiness and purity
- To identify the bonding between oneself and the community based on Christian faith.
- To understand the origin of life and to acknowledge God as the Creator of the world, and thus to show respect for others and all living creatures.
- Related core values: Compassion and a heart to serve
- To enhance students’ capabilities to embrace challenges by seeing the faithfulness of Jesus Christ. To find one’s purpose in life based on Christian faith and through the Lord.
- Related core values: Gratitude and hope
Visit to St John’s Cathedral
Life Camp by Christian Union
Regular meetings of Christian Union