A. Application Procedure
1. Application forms are available from 12 December 2020 to 18 January 2021
2. Application forms can be obtained via one of the following ways:
i. In person
Mondays to Fridays (including School holidays): 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon, 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
(School is closed on Sundays and all public holidays.)
ii. Download the form
3. Please submit the application form to the General Office in person or by post, from 4 January 2021 to 18 January 2021 (both dates inclusive) during office hours, together with the following documents:
i. The School’s Copy, the EDB’s Copy and the Parent’s Copy of the ‘Application Form for S1 Discretionary Places’ issued by the EDB
ii. Original copy of the applicant’s identity document (e.g. birth certificate / identity card / passport) for verification
iii. Photocopies of P4, P5 & P6 school reports^
iv. Photocopies of certificates of prizes and awards* (original copies are not necessary and will not be accepted)
v. Two self-addressed stamped envelopes of a size not larger than 165 mm x 245 mm. If the application is made by post, three self-addressed stamped envelopes should be included as the Parent’s Copy of the “Application Form for S1 Discretionary Places” will be returned by post. Please state clearly on the envelopes ‘Application for S1 Discretionary Places’ and student’s full name as well.
4. If application is made by post, please enclose the above documents inside an A4-size envelope and state “Application Form for S1 Discretionary Places’ on it. Please ensure postage is fully paid and reserve the necessary time for mailing. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. Parents are advised to send the application by registered mail to minimize the risk of unsuccessful delivery.
^ Copies of P6 exam results should reach the school on or before 18 January 2021 by hand or by post if they are not ready on the day of submission. Please write the applicant’s name, student reference number and application number (to be provided by the school after the submission of application forms) on the top right-hand corner of the documents.
* Please ensure that all photocopies are in A4 size. The documents submitted will not be returned. Applicants are not required to submit any recommendation letters. Please keep the stamped Parent’s Copy of the Application Form for S1 Discretionary Places and the “Identification Slip for Interview”.
Note: Applicants participating in the Secondary School Places for Allocation System may apply for not more than two secondary schools participating in the SSPA system.
B. Number of Discretionary Places
The number of discretionary places of our school is 50.
C. Selection Procedures
1. All eligible applicants will be invited to attend the first interview on 6 March 2021. This is an individual interview conducted in both Cantonese and English. Students’ abilities such as their command of English and Chinese, comprehension skills and presentation skills, etc. will be assessed. Please refer to the invitation letter for details of the first interview.
2. Short-listed applicants will be invited for a second interview to be scheduled from 15 March to 20 March 2021. Students' abilities, such as their command in Chinese and English, communication skills, presentation skills, organization skills, analytical skills, as well as social awareness will be assessed. Please refer to the invitation letter for details of the second interview.
D. Selection Criteria and Weighting
i. Interview: 30%
ii. Academic result and rank order (provided by the EDB): 60%
iii. Conduct# / extra-curricular activities / awards / prizes / outstanding achievements: 10%
# The conduct grades must be B or above.
E. Release of Application Results
The school will notify parents of successful applicants of their children’s inclusion in the Successful Lists for Discretionary Places by letter and phone on 31 March 2021 (Wednesday). Parents need not make any enquiries before the announcement of the results.
Note: The information collected will be used for the purpose of processing S1 Discretionary Places applications only.